Doctor of Philosophy
Supervisor: Dr. Patricia Dolez
Thesis (working) Title: Predicting the end-of-life of the fabric used in fire protective fabric
The area of the research corresponds to current issues encountered with protective clothing against heat and flame, which include materials aging, lack of comfort, and protection against toxic combustion gases. For instance, intense heat and other severe conditions sustained by protective clothing against heat and flame in service cause a premature aging of the high-performance fibers; what makes it even more worrisome is that there are sometimes no visible clues before the loss in performance has reached a dangerous level.
As part of his doctoral research project, Saiful studies the aging behavior of fabrics used as outer shell in protective clothing against heat and flame to gain a better understanding of the mechanisms and kinetics of degradation resulting from exposure to conditions encountered in service. He will also develop predictive models of the residual performance of the fabrics as a result of use.
Publications or other research contributions
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
1. Chakraborty, S., Hoque, M. S., & Surid, S. M. (2020). A Comprehensive Review On Image-Based Style Prediction And Online Fashion Recommendation. Journal of Modern Technology and Engineering, 5(3), 212-233.
2. Rashid, M. A., Hoque, M. S., & Hossain, M. J. (2020). Developing a New Hydrose Wash Technique for Treating Denim Fabric. Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series E, 1-8.
3. Hossain, M. J., Hoque, M. S., & Rashid, M. A. (2020). Scopes of Acid Washing with Varying Concentrations of Phosphoric Acid vis-à-vis Bleach Wash. Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management, 11(2).
4. Mozumder, S., Chakraborty, S., & Hoque, M. S. (2019). Evaluation of Personal Factors of Workers Affecting Productivity in RMG Sector in Bangladesh. Tekstilec, 62(3).
5. Hoque, M. S., Chakraborty, S., Hossain, M. F., & Alam, M. M. (2018). Knit Fabric Scouring with Soapnut: A Sustainable Approach Towards Textile Pre-Treatment. American Journal of Environmental Protection, 7(1), 19-22.
6. Hoque, M. S., Rashid, M. A., Chowdhury, S., Chakraborty, A., & Haque, A. N. M. A. (2018). Alternative Washing of Cotton Denim Fabrics by Natural Agents. American Journal of Environmental Protection, 7(6), 79-83.
7. Hoque, M.S., Hossain, M. J., Imtiaz, M. A., Das, S., & Rashidϯ, M. A. (2018). Scope of Dry Wood & Wood Composite Alternate to Stone in Case of Acid Wash on Denim Fabric. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, 8(2), 382-388
1. Hoque, M. S., Saha, A., Dolez, P. I.,(2020, March). Effect of Moisture on High-Performance Fiber-An Experimental Study. ALES GSA Symposium, University of Alberta, Canada.